Federal laws, state laws, and court cases all converge in our office when dealing with our legal responsibilities and requirements regarding medical records. When can a patient request records? Are we obligated to give the records? How long do we have? These are just a few of the questions that our doctors are faced with on a regular basis.
This webinar will cover practice requirements including:
- HIPAA, state law, and case law,
- Who can request records,
- Appropriate fees and acceptable time for copies,
- Requests for deceased patients,
- Copy requests for workers compensation, and
- Natural disasters resulting in record destruction.
This course was presented in January 2017 by Marc Abla, CAE.
Important Note: HHS issued important updates regarding the charges for medical records in 2017 and 2018. Please obtain updated information here.
CAE, Executive Director
Illinois Chiropractic Society
Total Reviews: 6