This webinar aims to be an introduction that updates the clinical knowledge of participants to understand the best management options for scoliosis. It will update the practical skills for chiropractic physicians when assessing and managing the scoliosis patient, and bring the Clinician up-to-date with the latest evidence-based information about scoliosis screening, diagnosis, and non-surgical management. Importantly this webinar will help to define the role of the chiropractor in the health care community, when chiropractic management and treatment are appropriate and when collaboration and co-management are the best options.
Specific learning outcomes include:
1. Understand how to accurately perform a scoliosis screening consistent with the 2015 SRS guidelines
2. Differentiate between scoliotic and non-scoliotic postural deviations.
3. Understand the keys to an effective clinical examination including specific neurological and orthopedic tests that are important for pathological screening in scoliosis
4. Differentiate between the treatment and management options for children and adults.
5. Understand modern scoliosis bracing and how it differs from traditional approaches, including the evidence behind modern bracing approaches.
Sponsored by: Gold Coast Chiropractic and Align Joint and Spine
Gold Coast Chiropractic
Dr. Fisher attended Iowa State University, graduating with a Bachelor of Science in MIS and a Minor in Chemistry. Upon graduation he moved to Lombard, IL to attend National University of Health Sciences. While there, he was awarded both a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Biology and a Doctor of Chiropractic. Dr. Fisher was also student body Vice-President and member of the executive board member of Student American Chiropractic Association. He also received a Master’s of Science in Nutrition from Bridgeport University.
Total Reviews: 32